The Opposition All Progressive Congress (APC) in Plateau State, has reel out 11 disconnected policies and governance approach of Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State in his three weeks in office
The APC in a statement made available to this medium and was signed by Hon. Sylvanus Namang, APC
State Publicity Secretary stated as follows: through the prism, let us cast a glance and interrogate the disconnected policies and governance approach of the Barr. Caleb Mutfwang-led PDP administration in the State, in just three weeks!
- Illegal and unconstitutional dissolution of duly-elected Councils in the State in spite of Court order restraining such action.
- Appointment of illegal Transition LGC Chairmen in flagrant disrespect of a valid Court order
- Suspension of new recruitments in the State civil service thereby putting homes of beneficiaries in agony and subdued anguish.
- Contemplative suspension of Chiefdoms, Districts and Village Areas in the State.
- Suspension of some Permanent Secretaries and appointment of five new ones without regard to Civil Service rules
- Endless diversionary blame-game with false and outrageous claim of #290 bn Debt said to have been left behind by the preceding Government. This is certainly not the official Debt Profile of Plateau State.
- Failure to address workers’ concerns and the on-going civil servants’ strike earlier instigated by the new PDP administration in the State
- Frantic request for a whooping #15 bn loan in the name of paying workers’ salaries and purchase of agricultural facilities, without following DMO’s guidelines on External and Domestic Borrowing. The official Debt Stock of Plateau State as at 31st March 2023 from the record of the Debt Management Office Nigeria is #148,122,283,110.75 (about#148bn). Another element of failure is how the PDP-led Government in the State arrived at #290bn as debts accumulated by previous and successive administrations including that of Jonah David Jang? Can the PDP convince us that between 1st April 2023 (an April Fool’s Day) and 29th May 2023 the immediate past administration incurred about #142 bn, thus bringing the State’s Debt Stock to #290 bn?
- Failure to prevail on the Inspector-General of Police to unseal the 17 LGC Secretariats.
- Wining and dining at Port Harcourt last week when violence was escalating in Mangu, Barkin Ladi and Riyom LGCs
- Failure to deploy leadership in resolving the smouldering intra-Party bickering over PDP’S LACK OF STRUCTURE in Plateau State as recently re-ignited by a faction of the Party.
- On a comparative note, on hitting the ground running, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, has recorded 37 phenomenal achievements in just three weeks and still counting. In sharp contrast, what is obtainable on the Plateau is rather a record of retrogressive scenario of vendetta, witchunt and vindictiveness by the Governor Caleb Mutfwang-led government despite his daily disavowal and half-hearted denials. We had expected three weeks of pragmatic actions and dedication to quick wins, but the reverse is the case. The trust is being gradually broken. This is such that the situation on the Plateau today has rightly been captured by Barrack Obama, the 44th President of the United States of America who maintained that: “If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists–to protect them and promote their welfare– all is else is lost”.
These obvious disconnect are what the PDP in Plateau state describe as giant strides.
In just three weeks! In just three weeks!! In just three weeks!!!