The Plateau State Chapter of the All Progressive Congress APC, has petition President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Kayode Ariwoola, Justice Monica Mensem-Dongban.
The Party in a statement jointly signed by Hon. Rufus Bature State Chairman and Hon. Fidelis M. Longban State Secretary and was made available to this medium was also copied to Prince Lateef Fagbemi Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Kayode Agbetokun Inspector General of Police and Mallam Nuhu Ribadu National Security Adviser and it’s read as follows:
H.E. DR. UMAR ABDULLAHI GANDUJE,
THE NATIONAL CHAIRMAN,
ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC),
UFS: NATIONAL LEGAL ADVISER,
ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC)
COMPLAINT AGAINST THE ATTEMPT BY THE 16 PDP HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY MEMBERS SACKED BY THE COURT OF APPEAL TO FORCEFULLY RESUME SITTING
Your Excellency, the above subject- matter refers please.
- With due respect, we write to draw your attention to the unfolding political developments in the State following the Supreme Court judgement which upheld the election of PDP’s Barr. Caleb Mutfwang as the duly elected Governor of Plateau State.
- Since the apex Court’s verdict, our teeming Party members and supporters have been subjected to series of attacks, humiliation and provocation by the Government and supporters of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the State. The height of this provocation is the sudden resort to self-help by the 16 PDP Members of the Plateau State House of Assembly to forcefully resume sitting of the House on Tuesday 23rd January 2024 in flagrant disregard of the Court of Appeal judgement which sacked them.
- Indeed, today the 16 PDP Members stormed the House with their teeming supporters claiming that the judgement of the Supreme Court which gave victory to Governor Mutfwang has automatically given them victory.
- Your Excellency, what is even most worrisome to us is how the 16 APC Members who were declared victorious by the Court of Appeal were denied swearing-in by the Speaker of the House, over one month after receiving their Certificates of Return from INEC. This action which is being carried out, ostensibly in collaboration with the Governor of the State is already generating tensions in the State.
- While we seriously frown at this obvious and unabashed contempt of Court by 16 sacked PDP House of Assembly Members, we seek your intervention and the powers-that-be in the matter, for the sake of peace and security of our dear State.
- Your Excellency, as you consider and take action on this complaint, please accept the assurances of our highest esteem. SGD:
- Hon. Rufus D. Bature
- Mr. Fidelis M. Longban
- H.E. PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU, GCFR,
PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA
- JUSTICE KAYODE ARIWOOLA, JSC
CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA
- JUSTICE MONICA MENSEM-DONGBAN
PRESIDENT, COURT OF APPEAL,
- PRINCE LATEEF FAGBEMI
HON. MINISTER OF JUSTICE AND ATTORNEY-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION
- MR. KAYODE AGBETOKUN,
INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF POLICE
- MALLAM NUHU RIBADU
NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER